The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers, and nominated by fellow bloggers. Liebster is a German word meaning sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.
This nomination came to me as a great surprise. I was so happy to find out that someone sees my scribbles as something more and deems it worthy of a nomination to this award. I send many, many thanks to wonderful Matthew from mattsden101 for noticing my blog, following it and selecting me for the nomination.
I would like to take this chance and say thank you to all of you fellow bloggers who decided to follow my little corner of the imagination, leave a comment or like a post. You cannot imagine how happy you make me every day when I see you making your way here and leaving a trace of your presence.
The important Liebster rules!
- List 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
- Choose 5 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate for the Liebster Award.
- Go to each blogger’s page and let them know about the award.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
Let’s get down to writing then, shall we? 11 facts:
1. Let’s start in a style of Charles Dickens, I was born in Poland in a small town near border with Ukraine.
2. For the love of me I cannot speak Russian or Ukrainian even though I lived for 18 years near those countries.
3. I emigrated from my sleepy, little home town, to study English in a royal city of Krakow. I enjoyed my 5 years there. The experience I gained there is irreplaceable and priceless.
4. I finally settled for a capital city and am currently residing in Warsaw, occasionally thinking about running away from here but unintelligibly still staying put, year after year.
5. I am both cats and dogs person – I know I should pick sides but I simply cannot bring myself to it. Both species deserve our love and attention.
6. I am a nocturnal creature, I hate getting up early, but I can stay up to the wee morning hours. Felling fresh and creative.
7. The best ideas come to me while I’m under a shower, go figure.
8. I’m addicted to various TV shows and it pains me to go a day without watching at least one episode.
9. I love to meet new people, share common interests, discover new places and learn new things.
10. I am afraid of high places, yet I live on a 15th floor with a balcony that I frequently sit on contemplating.
11. I thought I could just start a blog as a sort of scrapbook for my writings. Not interacting, not caring about statistics nor delving too deep into the community. Boy, was I ever more wrong : ).
11 Questions from Matthew to his Nominees:
- Do you have a particular theme to your writing?
At first I wanted to develop as a fantasy writer, later I discovered that other genres are also fascinating and produce a nice and vast area of creativity. Although probably you can say that I am a chiefly fantasy writer, seeing as I try to put supernatural elements in virtually all my writings.
- Do you believe in the saying ‘No Regrets’ ?
I wish I could, but then I always regret ; ). I sometimes try to live like it is no tomorrow and make bold, irrational decisions. Unfortunately they always come back to bite me in the a**…
- What is your favourite season and why?
It should be winter as I was born then. However my favourite time of the year is spring when all creation wakes up and is ready for a new spell of sun, hope and unlimited possibilities.
- If you could play one character in any television show in the past 10 years who would it be and why?
I think it would be Kate Beckett from Castle. I admire her character. Also I always wanted to run around chasing criminals and unravel secrets behind crimes. A love sick, multimillionaire writer following her around is only an asset.
- Also, who would play you in a film about your life?
Claire Danes. And don’t ask me why, I can’t give you a good reason but she was the first actress that came to my mind when I read this question. Maybe because I’m also blonde?
- Do you believe in 2nd chances?
It depends. I don’t believe in a second chance when someone is cheating or beating the other party. I do believe in a second attempt after failing a project, work or school.
- On a scale of 1-10 (10 being High) how do you feel today, explain why?
About 7. Why? Because it’s Sunday and I am just relaxing at home, writing and enjoying my free time. Nothing very exciting but also nothing sad or difficult to handle.
- Do you have a particular routine last thing at night before bedtime?
I usually watch a TV show or a movie or read a book to help me ease into sleep. I also drink chamomile tea, green or nettle tea to calm and quiet down myself after the whole busy day.
- Is there one thing you know you could never achieve but want to try anyway?
Jumping out of a plane with a parachute. I am so afraid of it that I will probably never do it. However, I know I’m missing out on an unforgettable experience and an amazing view of the Earth as seen from the bird’s perspective.
- Does true love really exist?
If it does I have not encountered it personally yet. However I do know of a relationships that last for a life time, when the adhesive is a forever burning flame of love.
- If you were to meet your 10 year old self tomorrow, what is the best piece of advice you could pass on?
Honey, don’t let yourself be bothered by the malicious words of other people. 10 years from now it will have no meaning. We all shape our futures and nothing should bring us down. Especially words said with a bad faith.
Here is a list of my 11 questions to my Nominees:
1. Why are you writing?
2. Where do you look for inspiration?
3. What is one thing that you regret most in your life?
4. What is one thing you are most proud of in your life?
5. Tell us one amazing thing that happened to you in the last month.
6. Do you believe in magic?
7. If you could talk for 15 minutes with someone who is long dead, who would it be?
8. Do you have your favourite motivational quote? If so, tell us about it.
9. What is your favourite place to write?
10. Do you have a pet? If so what is its name?
11. Who is your favourite writer of all times?
And finally, the list of my Nominees for the Liebster Award:
1. I really enjoy reading this lion’s writings: http://lionaroundwriting.wordpress.com/
2. I look forward to daily ramblings with her: http://travellinthrurambles.wordpress.com/
3. Running after a toddler have never been more interesting: http://runningafterale.wordpress.com/
4. When in need of an advice or inspirational post about writing I turn to: http://phillipmccollum.com/
5. Reading this bloggers Daily Prompts will never bore me: http://jewelammons.wordpress.com/