1. Have fun while writing your novel.
2. Think about your readers.
3. Don’t think about the readers too much and just let your imagination run wild.
4. Don’t cling too much to reality.
5. Think of the impossible but not improbable.
6. Stick to one genre and don’t jump around the themes aimlessly.
7. Prepare a thorough background story for your characters.
8. Create at least one fully developed setting for your characters to live in. Give them home. Give them roots.
9. Create an antagonist that is likeable.
10. Remember that every good story needs a beginning, culmination point and the end that ideally ties all loose ends.
Unless you are thinking about writing part two…