– And where do you think you are going missy, hm? Sit down and eat your breakfast.
– But gran’ I’m already late to school.
– You should have thought about it before you decided to dilly-daily in bed for so long. I told you to get up earlier. You would have plenty of time to…
– Ok, ok I get it. No need to rant. Sheesh. What’s for breakfast today?
– The same thing you always insist on eating. Cereal. Not that change would do you any harm, mind you.
– Thanks gran. You are the best.
– I love you A. you know that. I’ve been raising you since the time I could cradle you in my arms and look at you now. You are taller than me now and I swear it must have happened over night.
– It must be all that morning cereal gran’.
– Oh hush you. Now get out and go to school before you miss the first period!